26 September, 2022 to 28 October, 2022
The course will have the following objectives:
- To provide an historical background in the development of global climate and carbon markets, with a main focus on the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the Kyoto Protocol.
- To provide insights into regulatory and voluntary climate and carbon markets.
- To enhance Africa’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction efforts, thereby contributing to climate-compatible and climate- resilient development.
- To present developments in the post-Kyoto Protocol climate and carbon markets, with emphasis on the Paris Agreement and the Glasgow Pact that embraces the NetZero emissions by 2050
- Tools and tactics of advocacy and campaigning
- To establish the readiness in policy and institutional frameworks for climate and carbon markets including regulatory mandates, incentives and market-driven solutions.
- To determine readiness parameters in financing the climate and carbon markets from private sector, Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and other actors
- To build capacity to analyse, monitor, report and verify climate and carbon market development pathways and trajectories for Africa.
- To remove barriers surrounding green financing in Africa.
Beginning of the training: 5th September
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022